At Comprehensive Healthcare, we believe that within each of us, there is an ability to recover from any challenge or trial. Our child, youth, and family services focus is on helping children and families use their strengths to build resiliency and develop the skills needed for the recovery process.
We understand that parents or guardians want what is best for their child, and that the family is often the best support for children and youth. We not only want to teach children and youth helpful tools to help them recover, but we want to empower each member of the family to help them realize their important, supportive role in the recovery process.
If you are interested in enrolling into services for your child or family, please give us a call to get started.
Our commitment to you and your child:
We will demonstrate a caring attitude that instills hope, courage and confidence in recovery.
We will provide a comprehensive assessment that discovers your child’s needs and strengths.
You will receive services from a highly trained therapist who will work with your family and child or teen in a team-based approach.
We will develop a collaborative service plan with you that will focus on goals and outcomes.
We will provide evidence-based treatments or services
We will honor your cultural and family values, and provide age-appropriate services.
Our Child, Youth, and Family Services include:
Comprehensive Healthcare offers both family and individual therapy for children and families The brain of a child does not fully develop until well into the 20s, so we really need and value the parents or caregivers participation with their child or teen throughout the services we will provide. We think of it services as working with the parent or caregiver who really are the main support throughout their child’s life.
Individual therapy for children really means we will work with the child or teen to learn skills to cope with the challenges or trials they are facing. During this process, we still connect and collaborate with their parent or caregiver.
Wrap Around with Intensive Services (WISe)
The Washington State Wraparound with Intensive Services (WISe) Program is designed to provide comprehensive behavioral health services and supports for Medicaid eligible children, adolescents, and transition-aged youth with complex behavioral health needs, and their families. WISe is a program that involves natural supports (such as family, friends, and religious leaders) and the professionals who work with you and your family in treatment so that youth can continue to live and thrive in their homes and communities.
To make a referral to our WISe services, simply give us a call. The contact information for each of our locations is listed on the right side of this page. To learn more about WISe, click here to visit the Washington State Healthcare Authority website.
- Fill out the referral form with as much information as possible.
- Email the completed form to WISereferrals@comphc.org.
- If youth is already active with Comprehensive Healthcare, a WISe staff from county of youth will make contact within 48 business hours to schedule CANS (child, adolescent needs strengths assessment) screen.
- If youth is not active with Comprehensive Healthcare, a screener will make contact to gather additional information that is needed to begin the intake process. An intake will be scheduled at the soonest possible opening.
- If you prefer an earlier opening, take the soonest one offered you and call 575-4084 to look for cancellations, even on a daily basis.
- A WISe staff will complete the CANS screen at the same time as intake so that you don’t have to share the information twice and so that we have a better view of treatment options available to youth and family at that time.
- Once an intake and/or CANS is completed you will be notified of the outcome by a WISe staff within 48 business hours.
- If the information gathered results in a meeting of the state’s algorithm, the WISe staff will schedule an orientation with youth and family to discuss participation in the WISe program.
- If the information gathered results in not meeting of the state’s algorithm, the WISe staff will share treatment options that better fit youth and family’s needs, such as outpatient mental health or substance abuse treatment.
- CANS results are good for 30 days and screens can be requested again, if youth and family continue to struggle in current level of services.
Psychiatric & Medication Monitoring
Psychiatric services are provided at all Comprehensive Healthcare offices by board certified or board eligible psychiatrists, advanced registered nurse practitioners and physician assistants. Our medical providers are highly-trained specialists who work with children and families.
During follow-up visits, practitioners evaluate treatment progress, and monitor symptoms and prescribed medications. Comprehensive Healthcare psychiatrists maintain privileges at several local hospitals and can?provide inpatient care or consultation if needed.
New Journeys (First Episode Psychosis)
If you or a loved one are hearing or seeing things that others don’t, it can be a very scary experience. These symptoms are part of a condition known as psychosis, and it affects many people in several different walks of life. Psychosis is both manageable and treatable, New Journeys is a program is for transition age youth (15 – 25) experiencing a First Episode of Psychosis, and can help you through this challenging time. New Journeys will help identify a diagnosis as well as provide support, skills, resources and hope to those who live with this challenge.
Inpatient Services for Youth
At our adolescent inpatient facility in Yakima, our integrated team of behavioral health and medical professionals provides individualized care and a comprehensive discharge plan that emphasizes community resources and family support. Youth admitted generally meet certain criteria, such as in need of crisis stabilization or potential danger to self or others.
Services are provided in the following locations:
402 E. First #101
Cle Elum, WA 98922
707 N. Pearl Street Ste. E
Ellensburg, WA 98926
112 W. Main Street
Goldendale, WA 98620
2715 Saint Andrews Loop, Ste. C
Pasco, WA 99301
1319 Saul Road
Sunnyside, WA 98944
(509) 837-2089 Ext. 2700
1520 Kelly Place
Walla Walla, WA 99362
432 N.E. Tohomish Street
White Salmon, WA 98672
402 S. 4th Avenue
Yakima, WA 98902