Here at Comprehensive Healthcare, our daily work centers around mental health. June provided an opportunity for us to join a global movement to advocate and educate our communities on the struggles that members of the LGBTQI+ community face daily and how this can negatively impact their mental health.
Comprehensive Healthcare participated in the following activities to show its support for National PRIDE Month, including:
- Encouraged our staff members to add Comprehensive Healthcare’s PRIDE Month Facebook profile frame to their profile pictures on Facebook
- Decorated our offices with PRIDE flags and other PRIDE or rainbowcolored memorabilia
- Created PRIDE-themed art
- Took team photos with PRIDE flags and decor
- Participated in trauma-informed and LGBTQI+-conscious educational trainings
- Shared LGBTQI+ content on our social media pages
- Included PRIDE Month content and LGBTQI+ resources and events in our employee newsletters
Don’t forget! The Yakima Pride Festival and Parade is taking place August 21, 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Find community and connection with this opportunity to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community’s resilience in the face of this pandemic and the true spirit of Pride. The unprecedented challenges of COVID-19 meant that most Pride celebrations did not take place during the month of June as planned in 2021, but this won’t stop everyone coming together as a united, strong LGBTQ+ community. For more information, please visit the Yakima Pride Festival & Parade Facebook Event Page.